European AM Skills Strategy gathers the support from the AM Platform and other organisations in the Sector
SAM is setting a Sector Skills Strategy Roadmap for AM sustained by a strong connection between a wide range of industrial sectors
. In this context, several stakeholders have already been involved with the project and have endorsed the proposed strategy for the development of Skills and Qualifications in AM. The AM platform network, equipment manufacturers, RTOs and Training Organizations among other relevant entities, have validated the objectives and activities addressed by the Strategy.
View here which actions are foreseen and which organizations are involved.
In a nutshell, until 2030 the expected outcomes are to:
- Reduce the skills gaps and ensure alignment between the training offers and the industry needs;
- Increase the number of AM Qualified personnel, being by re-skilling, up-skilling of by training the “new” workforce;
- Facilitate the access of professionals, students and industry to AM training;
- Wider pool of qualified personnel that can “move” between different countries and industrial sectors;
- Improved foresight of skills needs for the AM Sector;
- Increase the number of people/students trained in AM in the short and long term across Europe;
- Greater access to funding to support AM-related skills development and sustainment.
Together, SAM partners and stakeholders, we are consolidating a shared vision and collaborative skill solutions capable to foster the growth, innovation and competitiveness in the AM Sector.